Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

The list maker

                                                       Img source
 
That's me! The queen of lists, the listalicious, list maniac , the list freak! Husby and I have our share of name calling and we are not proud of it. Some of the names he has for me are bag freak, sweater freak , belt freak (you see the pattern!! ) and among a few more names my husband has given me, the recent addition to it has been the 'list freak'. And for once, I am ok with the name ! 

I make a list for everything.there, i said it. There are notepads everywhere in my home, on the fridge, on the side table, on my night stand and ofcourse there is the notes app on my phone. It makes me a little more organized and makes life a little more simple. Especially for someone like me who forgets things so very easily. 

And what kind of lists do I exactly have? Well, I have the basics. The grocery list , Indian grocery list, and to-do lists for the day . And apart from that, I have a list for movies I love (especially Bollywood) , I started making this because I' d watch some really great movie but I wouldn't remember the name when I have to recommend it to someone . I have a list for my' house schedule' that includes laundry day, cleaning day, sheet change day, dusting day! Anal much ?! I have a list for the money we spend everyday. And then I have my wish - list. I jot down things I want  ( note my choice of word , NOT need) and check it off as and when I buy it! Not only does it give me the satisfaction when I check things off but it also has stopped me from making the biggest shopaholic blunder of 'impulse buying'. Just writing it down kind of quenches my thirst for going out the door and buying it asap!It is almost as therapeutic as window shopping.  And husby doesn't really have any complaints about this particular list! Surprise!

But seriously for a scatterbrain like me, listing has really worked for me. Now, I don't forget things and I am a lot more organized . And it has also helped me keep track of our finances in a much better way. I know it's not the best timing for this post because I had a conversation with a friend of mine only yesterday and she told me that I am actually turning into Monica Gellar! Ouch!!! Don't go judge-y on me , yet. I am pretty sane otherwise!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir